Return of Goods
If there is a technical deficiency in the software that affects its ability to meet a specific need, MD5 Ltd will, at its discretion, refund the purchase price (excluding shipping/handling) within 30 days of purchase. Retention of delivered product(s) outside of this period will be considered acceptance of the goods as per the Terms of Service (accepted at point of sale for online purchases and available on request) and no refund will be entered into unless conditional upon a fault or technical/clerical error by MD5 Ltd.
A refund is conditional upon the following criteria:
A refund will not be satisfied if:
14 day Cooling Off Period
1. If you are a ‘consumer’ (i.e. purchasing outside the scope of your business) or a sole trader, then nothing in these Terms will reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty or misdescribed Products or Services. For further information about your statutory rights contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens’ Advice Bureau.
2. If you are a consumer, you may cancel your order for any reason within 14 calendar days of:
2.1. Receipt of Product(s).
2.2. Our acceptance of your order for Services. But such right to cancel shall end or not apply where:
2.3. You have received all of the Services ordered; or
2.4. You unseal or use any Software; or
2.5. You receive the download link for a digital Product, where you have been notified during the purchase process and given your consent to your right to cancel ending on receipt of the download link; or
2.6. Bespoke or customised Products are made specifically to your order.
3. To exercise your right to cancel please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. If you are a consumer and exercise the above right to cancel, you must take reasonable care of any Product(s) in your possession and (at your cost), within 14 calendar days of giving the cancellation notice, either: return them to us (or elsewhere if requested by us) or make them available to be collected (as requested by us).
5. If you have paid in advance, you will be refunded within 14 calendar days of giving the cancellation notice, or in the case of physical Products within 14 calendar days of our receipt of the Product(s) which are returned by you, or if sooner 14 calendar days after we receive proof that the Product(s) have been returned to us.
6. If you paid any delivery costs (such as postage), associated with the delivery of the Product(s) to you, we will also refund those, except if you chose a delivery option other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered to you at the time of purchase, in which case we will refund you an amount equal to the cost of the standard delivery.
7. All costs associated with the return of the Product(s) to us will be borne by you and will not be refunded by us.
8. We may make a deduction from the refund for any loss in value of any Product(s) supplied, if the loss is the result of the handling of the Product(s) by you, other than handling which is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the Product(s). For example, if you have used the Product(s) before returning them to us
9. Where you have ordered Services and exercise your right to cancel after the provision of the Services has commenced then we will deduct from your refund an amount in respect of the Services provided prior to receiving your notice to cancel proportional to the total Services ordered.
10. If you require more information on your rights, you should contact the Sales Team.
Technical support is available using one of the following methods:
Return of physical product purchased on-line
If a refund is authorized, the physical product (e.g. USB Dongle) must first be returned to MD5 Ltd in its original packaging. For your protection we recommend use of a shipping method with tracking. A refund will not be processed until the original items are received. The physical product must include a printout of the correspondence authorizing the refund. The postal address for returns is as follows:
PO Box 96